SOAR Re-entry Program
OIC Wilson Inc launches Re-entry initiative (SOAR) to provide returning citizens vocational training, work readiness and education to help reduce recidivism.
In collaboration with OIC of America, through the U.S. Department of Labor, OIC Wilson Inc. offers services catered to adults over 25 years old who have had contact with the justice system.
The goal of the SOAR re-entry program is to assist justice involved individuals to make a successful transition back to the community by helping them become productive, responsible, and law-abiding citizens. Under the SOAR 4 Program OIC Wilson Inc. will serve Wilson, Greene, Pitt, Lenoir, and Wayne Counties.
Program participants are provided with the support they need to be able to overcome the many challenges faced upon releases from incarceration. Supportive services include the following:
- Educational training such as High School Diploma, HiSET, or GED.
- Vocational training certifications in fields such as Culinary Arts, Construction, Housekeeping, Front Office and more.
- Career readiness and job placement assistance in the selected career pathway.
- Facilitation of referrals to heath and human services needed to successfully address substance abuse issues and/or mental health needs.
Interested in the SOAR Program?SOAR
Fill out the following information and we will contact you about enrollment.
- At least one form of identification (i.e. driver’s license, state issued identification card, or birth certificate)
- Social security card